|Lizelle Jansen van Rensburg
The Chloorkop branch provides FFS with a presence in the very important Gauteng market and offers the FFS brand of speciality, cost effective, fit-for-purpose heating fuels to industry in this area.
The Chloorkop plant produces and supplies the following products:
- Fuel Oil 150 (FO150) - Standard industry heavy fuel oil for larger furnace applications.
- Low Sulphur Oil (LSO) - Low sulphur heavy fuel oil for environmentally sensitive larger furnace applications.
- R50:50 - Recovered and reprocessed furnace fuel for ash-tolerant furnace applications (asphalt plants, rotary kilns, etc).
- Light Oil 10 (LO10) - A cost-effective low ash, low sulphur diesel / paraffin replacement furnace fuel.
- Medium Oil 15 (MO15) - A wax-based wood preservative product.
The Chloorkop plant's primary feedstocks are:
- Heavy fuel oils, derived from crude oil refining,
- General recovered industrial and used lubricating oil,
- Distillate fuels from crude oil, GTL and internal refining.
Aqueous effluent is processed through a comprehensive water effluent plant and all effluent complies with requirements for disposal to the municipal sewer.
The Chloorkop plant has a well equipped laboratory with sophisticated equipment to undertake all required analysis for feedstock, process and final product quality control.
This plant has a SANS ISO 14001-accredited environmental management system that has been in place since 1999.
OilXOil (trading as OilX) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of FFS that collects used lube oil in the greater Gauteng area. The recovery of this waste is not only a valuable environmental initiative but has useful recycling and energy utilisation benefits.
The company has five purpose-designed and built collection tankers. The vehicles are long-wheel-based Mercedes Benz trucks with 9m3 rigidly-mounted tanks. The tankers were fabricated to the SANS 1518 design code in FFS Refiners’ SABS-accredited workshop in Durban. This was determined as the optimum size vehicle for small collections at service stations and industry where access is restricted. The vehicles are all equipped with positive displacement pumps able to suck up the oil from sumps and pits. Our vehicles collect a significant portion of the used oil generated in the Gauteng area.
OilX is a founder member of the National Oil Recycling Association of South Africa and is audited for environmental compliance by The ROSE Foundation.
Please visit the OilX website on www.oilxoil.co.za.